Thursday, September 1, 2011

That Something Something ♥


1st post for September. Yay! 8 more months to go!!! ♥

 I have never been a firm believer of mores, sayings and beliefs, but I guess it wouldn’t hurt my ways if I try to follow the ever- famous belief for every bride on her wedding day.
Something old, something new
something borrowed, something blue
And a silver sixpence in her shoe.
Who doesn’t want to have a happy and blessed marriage life anyway? So I consider that this good luck saying which dates back in Victorian era is a must for every bride-to-be.
Something Blue – Instead of wearing a pair of pink flats on my wedding day, I am thinking of wearing blue flats as its replacement. I am willing to give up the flats I have seen at SM department store, just for luck.  :D At the same time, I will surely have a blue toe nail polish on my wedding day. So if blue flats do not come in place, at least I get to have something blue on my big day.

Since my feet tend to get sweat these days, open toe shoes is already a must on the big day.  I don't want to have a stinky feet on my wedding day. haha.

Here's an excerpt from Mikado Weddings: (http://mikadoweddings.com/blog/category/etiquetts)


It’s a tradition for every bride; finding something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. Something old speaks of continuity and something new brings optimism and hope. Something borrowed spreads happiness and something blue bears fidelity, love, purity and fertility.Incorporating something new and old never seems to be a challenge for brides but here’s a few ideas on how to make the something blue for your wedding a little less daunting.

1. Try a comfy tracksuit to change into after the reception
2. For the more daring brides, try some fun blue toe nail polish
3. Break out of the ordinary and wear some amazing blue high heels
4. Consider a blue crystal charm on your bouquet
5. In the midst of all the clear glassware, give your first toast with blue stemware
6….Don’t forget the classic blue trimmed garter belt


So I am definitely going to have a blue toe nail polish! I am such a daring bride. hihi
http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/nail-polish-color

http://www.weddingbycolor.com/tags/polish
Something New – almost all of the garments and accessories I am going to wear on my big day is going to be something new so this wouldn’t be a challenging task for me. Here they are:
*Wedding gown
*The blue shoes
*Wedding pouch
*Accessories (hair, jewelries)
*under garments (hihi)
I think this is more than enough to follow the Something New belief. :D  

Something Old – so this must be a 100% challenge for me since my family does not have an antique jewelry or so (but not 100% sure though) If 15 years is considered to be antique, I guess, I could use my mom’s set of jewelry she bought during my elementary days.  The ring looks like looks Princess Diana’s engagement ring - which Prince William gave to Kate Middleton. Mom bought this ring, since she’s a big fan of the late Princess. Here’s a peek of how it looks like: 
Princess Diana's Engagement ring: http://www.glamour.com/weddings/blogs/save-the-date/2010/11/kate-middletons-engagement-rin.html



 And here's mom's actual ring looks like ♥ Sorry for the blurry picture. My camera phone is not that good :D 
Blue - sapphire ;) I never got the chance to take a picture of the pair of earrings.
 
Something borrowed – I find this quite easy and challenging for the fact that I do not know where I am going to borrow a significant ‘something’ from a happily married bride. I have a lot of friends who recently got married, & will get married soon (just a few months before my wedding), but the thing is, I just don’t know what to borrow from them. Fortunately, sis Karmie – a friend from GT, is willingly to let me borrow her DIY bird cage veil. I just hope I am not asking too much requests from her, since she also designed 2 gowns for me. Hihi. Will post Sis Karmie's design soon. ;)

The finished product ♥
So those are my something some thing’s. I may not be a fan of beliefs, however, there’s no harm in following these things.  Anyhow, this would make our wedding more unforgettable and fortuity or not I am pretty sure that our marriage will completely and truly be blessed. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your questions here ♥